Companion Caregivers provide service to individuals in their homes and communities who need assistance caring for themselves as a result of old age, sickness, disability and/ or other inflictions. Home care companions are responsible for ensuring that service is delivered in a caring and respectful manner, in accordance with relevant Agency policies and industry standards.
Home care may include, but not limited to:
- Conversation and stimulating activities
- Monitor food and fluid intake
- Medication reminders
- Meal preparation and cooking
- Transportation to appointments and social events
- Light housekeeping and laundry
- Home organization
- Assistance with dressing and bathing
- Bill paying
- Respite care
What qualifications are required?
- Current CPR certification